Taking the Alberta Provincial Achievement Test? We can help! Free online practice questions, test information, multiple choice strategies in printed book, ebook and PDF download formats!
About the Grade 9 Test
The Alberta Provincial Achievement test is taken by all students in grades 3, 6
Grade 9 PAT Contents
English Language Arts – Reading Comprehension and Essay
Mathematics – Basic Math, Shapes and Relations, Probability and Statistics
Science – Diversity, States of Matter and Chemical Change, Chemistry • Electrical Principles and Technologies, Space
Social Studies – Canadian political and judicial system, Canadian Charter of Rights, Immigration, Economics, Consumerism, Quality of Life, and Political Decision Making
General Knowledge and Employability – Essay question and reading comprehension
Alberta Provincial Achievement Test Strategy!
Multiple Choice Strategies for Reading Comprehension, Basic Math and Word Problems.
Proven multiple choice strategies and practice questions to increase your score! Plus mental preparation for a test, what to do on test day, what to do in the test room and more!
Order PDF Download Version – $9.99 PDF Download Version of Printed Version. Download after purchase. No shipping! No Waiting!
Printable PDF version of Paperback – Optimized for any platform – PC, MAC, Smart Phone or Tablet!
Publication Date:March 4, 2015
Page Updated: January 30th, 2018
Published by:Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Written by:Brian Stocker MA, Complete Test Preparation Inc.
Modified: January 30th, 2018
Published: March 4th, 2015
Grade 9 - Provincial Achievement Test (PAT)
This folder contains links and documents providing students and parents with information on the Grade 9 PAT.
- Alberta PAT Website
- Here you will find all of the basic information for students and parents concerning Provincial Achievement Tests for Grade 9 students.
- PAT Bulletin
- Information on test schedules, policies and procedures, forms and samples, as well as marks and reporting results.
- Test Details and Rubrics
- Specific breakdown of each test and scoring criteria. Once you click on the link be sure to scroll down to the Subject Bulletin section; here you will find the test details and marking rubrics for Grade 9 English Language Arts.
- Standards for Students' Writing
- This link will lead you to example responses taken from the Provincial Achievement Tests. Along with the commentaries that accompany them, they should help you understand the standards for PAT writing in relation to the scoring criteria.
- Parent Guide
- This link contains a 10 minute video on the PAT, as well as documents with details on the achievement tests and curriculum.